Who we are
We are MoneyMe Financial Group Pty Ltd (“MoneyMe”). Please visit our contact page for our contact details.
MoneyMe is committed to respecting your right to privacy and protecting your personal information. We have strict standards to ensure your privacy is protected in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and our policies and procedures.
We will collect information such as your name, postal and email address, date of birth, financial details, and any other information we consider necessary.
The information we collect and hold is for the purposes of:
- assessing your application and identifying you;
- providing you with ongoing management and administration of our products and services;
- protecting against fraud where it is a banking and finance, or insurance, product or service; and
- providing you with information about MoneyMe products or services from time-to-time.
We may collect and hold identification and transaction information about you for the purpose of our compliance with the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2008 (Cth).
In certain cases we collect your personal information from third parties, such as credit reporting agencies, your nominated representative (such as a legal or financial adviser), your employer, or publicly available sources of information.
If you do not provide some or all of the information that we seek to collect from you, we may not be able to provide our services to you.
Use and disclosure
Where your personal information is given to us, we will seek to ensure that the information is used for the purposes for which it was collected.
Your personal information may be disclosed:
- to those involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure;
- to our partners in financial transactions, including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations;
- to credit and fraud reporting agencies, debt collection agencies, and organisations involved in our normal business practices;
- to your nominated representatives;
- as required or authorised by law, for example, to government or regulatory bodies;
- to offer you other products or services , which we believe may be of interest or benefit to you that we or our partners might have available; and
- where you have given your consent
We also collect, hold and use information related to your consumer creditworthiness to the following credit reporting agencies:
The security of your personal information is important to us, and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse and loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
MoneyMe regularly reviews developments in security and encryption technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. Although we take stringent measures to protect customer information, we cannot ensure the security of any information you provide to us, and you do so at your own risk.
We will store any emails you send us both for our records, and where we are legally required to do so.
Cookies do not allow us to collect personally identifiable information about you.
- to allocate an identification number to your Internet browser (you cannot be identified from this number);
- to determine if you have previously visited the website;
- to track and report on website and online campaign performance;
- to identify other pages or third parties’ websites you have accessed; and
- for fraud detection and security purposes
If you wish, you can generally configure your browser so that it does not receive cookies, however this means you will be unable to use secure services that require cookies in order to participate. Some of those services include (but are not limited to) our online application and some member features.
Third party sites
Where you access a third party website from the MoneyMe website, cookie information, information about your preferences or other information you have provided about yourself may be shared between us and the third party.
Third Party websites should contain their own privacy statements and those third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
Complete Proviso terms and conditions are available here.
Access and complaints
We are required to provide you access to your information, except in circumstances where:
- access would pose a serious threat to the life, health, or privacy of any individual
- the information relates to a commercially sensitive decision making process
- it is considered frivolous or vexatious request; or
- access would be unlawful or prohibited by authorities
Please visit our contact page for our details if you wish to
- request access to your information
- seek correction of your information, or
- make a complaint to us about privacy matters.